We started a project on iNaturalist! You can find the project here. It is titled Beavers increase biodiversity. The goal is to capture different species in an area with known beaver activity, and in an area with no known beaver activity. By measuring the amount of different species we can get a better understanding of species richness, abundance, and diversity!
To participate follow these steps:
- Create an account or use your current account on iNaturalist
- Hover over projects at the top of the main page and search for the project: Do beavers increase biodiversity?
- Click on the result, then click on “Add observations to this project” button in the upper left corner.
- Fill out the fields, and add a picture to report your finding!
- We are comparing beaver impacted areas to non-beaver impacted areas so try to keep your observations within these areas:
You can find more details about the project on the iNaturalist project page. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about how to improve this project please reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org